Dubai is one of the most popular destinations in the world for expats. If you're thinking of making the move, there are a few things you should know first.
- There is no shortage of expats. There are plenty of people in the city who have made the move from their home country. You'll quickly make friends and feel at home in no time.
- Save your money. It can be very tempting to spend your money on extravagant cars and designer clothing but keep in mind that while you'll be enjoying tax-free income, there is also no retirement funding taxation, so saving money is vital. Make sure you have a good job lined up before making the move, to secure your visa.
- Plan your activities around the heat. It won't take long for you to realize the summer months can bring high temperatures. Fortunately, many indoor activities are available. how does the biggest mall in the world sound? Indoor Skiing? Winter months on the other hand bring a perfect temperature, giving you more opportunities to go on that safari or enjoy a lavish beachfront brunch.
- English is widely spoken. Don't worry about not being able to communicate with people in Dubai. English is the most common language spoken, so you'll be able to get by just fine.
- Be sure to use a reputable real estate agency, and do your own research on price ranges in various areas. We recommend using DXB Interact, which is a very helpful tool with real-time property data, directly from the Dubai Land Department (DLD). While the crime rate in Dubai is very low, and transparency is at the forefront of the Dubai real estate market, it's always best to be in the know.
Keep these things in mind if you're thinking of making the move. We're sure you'll love it here, and we’re happy to help you every step of the way.